Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My First....

So back in college I use to blog on livejournal. I kind of gave that up when things got busy, but now that things are semi undercontrol I thought a place to record my funny stories that I have from teaching, living with Matt, and having two mischievious dumb dogs would be a great idea.

I guess a quick update on my life may be helpful and then you can join me on my adventure :). I graduated from Manchester College in May 2007. I was hired by Rochester Community Schools last year and have been teaching 4th grade ever since. Last year was a bit shaky with my group of youngins, but this year I feel so much more undercontrol! Not to mention I have a better discipline system, and 21 kids instead of 26!!!

I met Matt the first week of school my senior year in college. We got married last June. We bought a house in Fulton, Indiana (about 8 miles from Rochester) in April and LOVE being homeowners! So far we have painted, put in new tile flooring in the kitchen, and Matt put in a shower in the main bathroom! We stll have LOTS of things we would like to do but they will have to wait for the finances to allow :)

Right after I graduated Matt and I rescued a Dingo puppy from the Humane Society. We named her Allie and she became our little holy terror :)....so this spring when we moved into our new home Matt decided she needed a friend.....thus we rescued Tyson from a lady who needed to get him out of her 1 bedroom apartment.....since then Allie has been my behaving little angel while Tyson is my onery little bugger!!

Matt is still job searching....he is filling his time coaching the high school wrestling team (and doing a pretty job so far :)) and getting ready to begin substitute teaching until he finds something in business management.

Other than that we are pretty boring :) I teach, he coaches, and we enjoy our country home!!! I couldn't ask for anything better!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I love it and would say I am addicted!

    ReplyDelete