Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year....a New Student

Break went by WAY to fast but definitely was a nice break from the normal routine. I am happy to be back at school and back in a routine though.

Yesterday was pretty uneventful with the kids. Minus me sending a froup of 21 10 year olds outside to no supervision and -5 degree weather oops! I didn't realize it was a stop sign (meaning indoor recess) I went an recovered them though and they were only out there for about 5 minutes so no damage done!

Has a Doctor's appointment last night. So far no new news, just another few rounds of medication and hopefully a solution. Otherwise our next step could make some changes in our life earlier than we were planning :)

Today I got a new student. He has Asberger's Syndrome. He's very intelligent from what I can gather so far, but there are some social concerns (as is normal with this syndrome) and I'm just glad my class is very accepting and looks past those things. I already had several boys today making sure he felt welcome. I was very proud!

Also started working out with the girls again after school. Since the beginning of December we have been doing the Slim in 6 video tapes. I love love love them! Also feel like a good workout and it is focused on all of the muscles I want to work on.

Random sidenote I bought a can of black beans today (frijoles negroes) to try out a Mexican style chicken tomorrow night for dinner thanks to a recipe from an online message board buddy. I can't wait!

Hopefully this freezing rain we have been getting all day and supposebly will continue all night won't cause a cancellation tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Miss Jess...I can't believe you sent your kids out in that! Hopefully none of them get sick and blame you!! Good luck with your new student. My Asperger's kiddo is one of my favorites!! Keep the updates coming...I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete